International Travel

The College for Creative Studies (CCS) is committed to developing global partnerships, increasing international diversity on campus, and providing international study opportunities for students.

The College and the individual travelers have a responsibility for promoting health, safety, and security while traveling abroad. This policy defines institutional requirements that promote safety during international travel.

Individual travelers are responsible for compliance with this international travel policy. Academic departments and College offices sponsoring CCS Related Travel are responsible for informing travelers of this international travel policy and for facilitating compliance for individuals where appropriate.

The International Travel Policy outlines the College’s requirements for CCS related travel abroad.

Code Of Student Conduct

The Code of Student Conduct is in place to ensure students are aware of the behavior expected of them as members of the CCS community. The purpose of this Code is to create an environment that fosters civility, personal responsibility, and mutual respect for others and their differences.

For further information, please see the CCS Code of Student Conduct.

Study Abroad

To be eligible for all study abroad opportunities, students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and written permission from the Department Chair. Study for an academic semester or year abroad requires that a student be a junior or in the first semester of the senior year. Graduate students should meet with their Chair to determine the best semester to participate in a study abroad opportunity. Participation in one of the summer faculty-led programs is open to all students, regardless of year. 

Study abroad during the final semester at CCS is not permitted. For more information, please see the Study Abroad page on the College’s learning management system.

Students must meet with the Director of International Student Services and their Department Chair no later than April 1 for fall or October 1 for winter.

Students must:

  • Complete the Study Abroad Approval Form and Packet and submit to the International Student Services Office (ISSO)
  • Comply with the CCS International Travel Policy requirements
  • Attend a pre-departure Informational Meeting with the ISSO

All forms are available from the office of International Student Services. The ISSO is located on the 2nd Floor of the Yamasaki.