The Financial Aid Office is responsible for administering all federal, state, institutional, and private sources of financial assistance. This includes:
- Counseling current and prospective students on the availability and terms of aid programs and assisting them in calculating their yearly out of pocket expense
- Determining eligibility for need-based programs based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Applying scholarships awarded by CCS through the admissions process, competitions, sponsored projects in the classroom, and from third party donors
- Processing student loan funds available through government and private sources and providing counseling regarding the rights and responsibilities of borrowers
- Recalculating aid amounts based on changes to enrollment level, such as half-time or less than half-time enrollment
- Coordinating the work-study/student employee program
Faculty are encouraged to direct students to the Financial Aid Office when they express financial concerns or are considering withdrawing for their course(s). If faculty think the student’s situation needs immediate attention, they can contact the Financial Aid Director directly at 313-664-7497.