All Study Abroad Programs have been postponed until Winter 2022 due to several factors including the health and safety of our students, travel & visa restrictions, and Department of State & CDC travel warning levels *updated 03/17/2021.
Looking for an off campus experience? Look no further. We have a variety of options for you to choose from and will help you on your journey! The International Student Services Office (ISSO) can assist you in completing the required forms, counsel you on your study abroad options, help with foreign transfer credit, and assist you with travel resources.
CCS Policies for Study Abroad
As part of the CCS International Travel Policy, all CCS students, staff and faculty traveling internationally and affiliated with CCS, must register their details on the college’s travel registry.
- Travel Registry – students
- Travel Registry – staff or faculty
- Register my upcoming trip
- High Risk Destination travel policy
- Emergency overseas information
Get Started! Schedule an appointment with the Study Abroad Advisor:
Please make an appointment at the link below or come visit us in Room A 204, Yamasaki Building, Ford Campus
Going abroad? Check out these useful resources to make your trip a memorable experience –in a good way!
Register your trip with the US State Department
Prepare for healthy travel with recommended Immunizations
Check travel safety warnings per destination
Power plugs and adaptors per country
Purchase Emergency Health Insurance
Book your trip with STA Student Travel Assistance
LIST OF INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
The following institutions have a student exchange agreement with CCS. You may apply your federal, state and institutional financial aid to help with the cost, and you will pay CCS tuition costs. Additional expenses of travel, housing, room and board will be incurred.
- Chiba University. Chiba, Japan – Majors: Product Development, Information and Communication Design, and Environmental Humanomics. http://www.chiba-u.ac.jp
- Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing China – Majors: Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Animation, Photography, Ceramics, Textile Design, Animation, Visual Communication Design, Art History. https://www.cafa.edu.cn/
- FH|Joanneum. Graz, Austria (CCS majors that may apply to FHJ are: Product Design, Transportation Design, Interior Design, Communication Design, Fashion & Accessories Design, Advertising and Entertainment Arts). https://fh-joanneum.at/
- MIT Institute of Design, Pune India – Majors: Entertainment Arts, Interior Design, Product Design, Transportation Design https://www.mitid.edu.in/index.html
- National Cheng Kung University. Tainan, Taiwan – Majors: Product Design https://web.ncku.edu.tw/bin/home.php?Lang=en
- Phorzeim University, Germany – Majors: Fashion, accessory design, Jewelry, Industrial Design, Visual Communication https://designpf.hs-pforzheim.de/en/
- Strate Ecole de Design. Paris, France (CCS majors that can apply to STRATE are: BFA/MFA Transportation Design https://www.strate.education/
- University of Wuppertal. Wuppertal, Germany – Majors: Product Design, Transportation Design, and Media Design. https://www.uni-wuppertal.de/startseite/
- Politecnico di Milano, Milan Italy – Majors: Product Design https://www.polimi.it/en/
Study Abroad Programs
The following programs have an established relationship with CCS. You may apply your Federal and State Financial aid to these programs. You will pay the host institution’s tuition costs. Additional expenses of travel, housing, room and board will be incurred.
- Burren College of Art. The Burren, Ireland https://www.burrencollege.ie/
- Lorenzo de Medici (LdM) the Italian International Institute. Italy.http://www.ldminstitute.com/
- Paris College of Art (PCA). Paris, France https://www.paris.edu/
- Studio Arts College International (SACI). Italy http://www.saci-florence.edu/
- University of the Arts, London (UAL). London, England http://www.arts.ac.uk/
AICAD Extended/ International Exchange Opportunities
The full list or programs is found here: http://www.aicad.org/extended-opportunities/
- Bezalel Academy
- China Academy of Art
- Osaka University of the Arts
- AICAD in Japan program
- Plymouth College of Art
Interested in a program or country that is not on our list?
- A great resource for your program research is: http://www.goabroad.com/
- Check out the Artist Immersion Program Artist Immersion Programs
AICAD Exchange Programs
Through the AICAD Exchange program, full-time students who are attending one of the 31 participating AICAD schools, have the unique opportunity to attend another school within AICAD for one semester at no additional cost or loss of credit. The AICAD Exchange offers students the experience and benefit of studying at a different school and living in a different geographic area. By sharing resources and facilities, AICAD colleges offer unparalleled educational opportunities to students at AICAD schools.
Schedule an appointment with the AICAD Exchange Coordinator:
Thomas Turoczi – https://calendly.com/tturoczi
Faculty Led Programs
Each year there are new opportunities to go abroad with your CCS faculty. Contact the ISSO for the current options. Past programs have included, the Netherlands, Japan, China and Italy. As a CCS student attending a faculty led trip you are supported by the International Student Services Office (ISSO). Please meet with us to find out more. There are several required forms that you must submit to the ISSO before you travel.
Pre-departure Orientation Required
Each semester a pre-departure orientation will be held in which out-going faculty and students are required to attend.
Please contact the International Student Services Office at email@example.com for the current dates.
For CCS Faculty
Studying abroad is not just for students! Check out the following opportunities to enhance your own portfolio, resume, teaching experience and cross-cultural skills.
Get our CCS students out in the world, or take yourself on an adventure.
Faculty Led Study Abroad Program Proposal Process
Interested in proposing a faculty led program abroad? We can help! The International Student Services Office can assist you throughout the whole process.
Contact Katherine Campbell at 313-664-7448 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the document below to propose your program, or register your outside organized program with the college.
- Faculty Led Program Proposal Process
- Proposal Form
- Budget Worksheet
- Request for Exceptions to Travel form
- Roles of International Student Services Office