The Academic Advising & Registration Office (AARO) provides a variety of registration and records services, as well as academic advising for undergraduate students. Services include: course selection/registration; guidance/assistance with forms and procedures; referrals; transfer credit consultations; VA enrollment certification; graduation applications/degree completion; AICAD Exchange Program applications, etc.


Connecting With Staff

In an effort to maintain the health and safety of our students and staff, the Academic Advising & Registration Office (AARO) will provide assistance via email, phone, and/or by appointment. All appointments are conducted via phone or zoom which will allow us to better serve your needs while adhering to the social distancing standards. To make an appointment with AARO staff, please click on the “Meet with..” link underneath the appropriate staff name to the right.

Academic Advising Appointments

To ensure advising staff availability and adequate time for appointments, we encourage students to make appointments online at least 1 week in advance (earlier appointment booking is recommended during registration periods due to high demand for assistance). Please note that student appointment times may vary and are based on the type of appointment, ranging from 15 minutes – 45 minutes. All appointments are by phone or zoom. 

Schedule an advising appointment by clicking on the “Meet with..” link underneath the appropriate advisor name to the right.


Have a question? Not sure who to ask? Click on the below “Ask AARO” form. We’ll get back to you as soon as we have an answer!
Ask AARO a question on line now

Pass/No-Credit Request Form  – Fall 2020

Please note, Pass/No-credit forms can be submitted December 16th through December 18th at 4:30 PM EST, 2020.  Complete this form to request a pass/no-credit grade in lieu of a grade for the Fell 2020 semester. Note, you must log in with your CCS username and password to access the form.

Name and Address Changes

It is the student’s responsibility to inform the college in writing of any personal information changes that include name, address, email, or phone number. If you have legally changed your name due to marriage, divorce or a court decree, official documentation is required to update your student records. Preferred names can be requested without official documentation. Preferred names will be updated on class rosters, student ID card, and student email upon written request of the student. To update your personal information, complete and submit the Name Change Form in the AARO. Address changes can be made through Self-Service.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act – (FERPA)

FERPA – what is FERPA?
Request to Withhold Directory Information Form
Authorization to Release Records Form

CCS Transcripts and Enrollment Verifications

Official CCS Transcripts may be ordered online through Parchment or through the AARO by submitting the Transcript Request Form. Unofficial CCS Transcripts can be downloaded through Self Service or requested in the AARO. Enrollment Verifications may be requested in person or online through Self Service. View the CCS Transcript and Enrollment Verification Policy for fees and additional information or contact the AARO.

Transcript and Enrollment Verification FAQs (Coming soon)

Registration & Program Resources

CCS students may plan and register courses for the entire academic year (Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters).Yearlong registration opens in April. Current students can register online using Self Service and must register according to the assigned registration dates (based on class level). Veteran and MFA students can register on the first day of registration. Registration dates can be found on the Academic Calendar (deadlines apply for each semester).

Transfer Credit Information

Graduation – Diplomas

Graduation Requirements

Students must satisfy all degree requirements and be enrolled at CCS in the final semester planned for graduation (see Residency Requirement). Graduation Applications are available in the Academic Advising & Registration Office and must be submitted by listed deadlines (see Academic Calendar). Students may graduate from CCS in December, May, or August.

Commencement Information

Upon completion of the graduation application, students will confirm participation in the commencement ceremony. Commencement ceremonies are held in December and May (there is no ceremony for August).

Diploma Replacement Form

Students may request a replacement copy of their diploma for a fee of $25.00 paid to the Business Services Office. Replacement diplomas are printed three times a year- December, May, or August. Submit the Diploma Replacement form to the AARO.