The Academic Advising & Registration Office (AARO) provides a variety of registration and records services, as well as academic advising for undergraduate students. Services include: course selection/registration; guidance/assistance with forms and procedures; referrals; transfer credit consultations; VA enrollment certification; graduation applications/degree completion; AICAD Exchange Program applications, etc.
Connecting With Staff
In an effort to maintain the health and safety of our students and staff, the Academic Advising & Registration Office (AARO) will provide assistance via email, phone, and/or by appointment. All appointments are conducted via phone or zoom which will allow us to better serve your needs while adhering to the social distancing standards. To make an appointment with AARO staff, please click on the “Meet with..” link underneath the appropriate staff name to the right.
Student Records : Procedures
- Check your CCS email regularly (contact I.T. immediately to troubleshoot log-in errors).
- Adhere to important dates and deadlines listed on the Academic Calendar.
- Contact CCS advising and registration services for clarification on policies and procedures for your student records and program options.
- Undergraduate and TC students contact the AARO – Academic Advising & Registration Office.
- International Undergraduate & Graduate Studies contact the ISSO – International Student Services Office.
Academic Policies and Procedures
Academic Probation And Suspension – Graduate
Academic Probation And Suspension – Undergraduate
Areas of Emphasis, Minors, and Concentrations
Change of Academic Level
Declaring or Changing Majors
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Leave of Absence
Obtaining Grades Online
Remote Request for Extenuating Circumstances – Fall 2021
Resources And Policies For Veterans
Second Year Status – Graduate Program
Student Responsibilities/Restrictions (Holds)
Transcript and Enrollment Verification
Tuition Withdrawal And Refunds
Academic Forms for Students
Application for Readmission
Authorization to Release Records
Change of Academic Level
Change of Major
Complete Withdrawal And Leave Of Absence
Concentration in Entrepreneurial Studies
Declaration of Art Education
Double Major Declaration
Independent Study Approval
Liberal Arts Minor Declaration
Michigan Uniform Guest Application
Removal of Art Education
Request to Withhold Directory Information
Studio Minor Declaration