Online registration is available to eligible students through Self-Service/Student Planning. Students should check their degree requirements before registering for classes. Schedule an Academic Advising appointment for assistance to confirm required classes needed for each semester.
Students should schedule advising appointments BEFORE their registration date to plan ahead for online registration.
When to register
Students with the following Enrollment Status can register on the first day of “Year Long Registration” each April:
- Graduate Studies (Current Students)
- Teacher Certification (TC-post degree students only)
- Veteran students
“Year Long Registration” dates are based on Class Level (number of credits):
- Class Level (Senior, Junior, Sophomore, and Freshmen) is determined by your credits (completed and in-progress credits combined).
- Registration dates are not based on studio level.
- Registration dates for each class level is listed on the Academic Calendar.
- Students cannot register before their assigned date.
Students may enroll in courses starting at 12midnight on the designated registration date. Registration deadlines apply for each semester.
Note: All Incoming/New Students register with an Academic Advisor for their first semester. First semester students are required to meet with an Academic Advisor for second semester registration. Students will register themselves for sophomore year, participating in year long registration for future semesters at CCS. Advising appointments and registration information is provided throughout the semester to help students prepare for future registration.
How to check your Class Level?
First, check the status of your credits:
Go to Self Service > Student Planning and select #1 to view “My Progress”.
View the credit progress bar. Add your TOTAL CREDITS (completed credits + in-progress credits) to get the sum of credits that determine your class status for registration.
Undergraduate Class Level Chart
|Class Level||Credits Required||Status of Credits*|
|Senior||93.0 credits or higher||(completed + in-progress credits)|
|Junior||63.0 – 92.5 credits||(completed + in-progress credits)|
|Sophomore||30.0 – 62.5 credits||(completed + in-progress credits)|
|Freshman||29.5 credits or less||(completed + in-progress credits)|
|*in-progress or completed credits include courses at CCS only and does not include pending transfer credits.|
Use the Self-Service Course Catalog to Search for Courses and Course Sections.
Changes to class schedules may occur at any time before the start of a semester.
- Please check your schedule online using Self Service > Student Planning the week before classes begin.
- All schedule change notifications are sent to the student’s CCS email account.
- Please view the ACADEMIC CALENDAR for important dates/deadlines related to adding or dropping classes.
Once the registration (add/drop) period has closed, students should make an appointment with an Academic Advisor to discuss schedule/course concerns. Refer to the Dropping or Adding A Class section and submit the Course Withdrawal Form to drop a class after registration has closed. Financial aid questions due to dropping a course should be addressed with the Financial Aid office.