A student graduates from their program when all credits have been satisfied and a diploma is awarded for degree completion. The Registrar will verify degree program completion of eligible students and “graduate” those who have applied for graduation. This is reflected in the student’s academic record and will display as “graduated” under the completed program. Graduating students are invited to participate in the commencement ceremony*.
- Students must be enrolled at CCS in the final semester planned for graduation
- Important! View Graduation Requirements and Residency Requirement
- Students are notified by email when Graduation Applications are available
- Applications must be submitted to the Academic Advising & Registration Office by listed deadlines (see Academic Calendar).
- Graduation is verified at the end of each academic semester. Students may graduate from CCS in December, May, or August.
The CCS Commencement Ceremony is a celebratory event to confer degrees or diplomas for graduating students. Commencement ceremonies are organized by the Student Affairs Office. Participation in commencement is optional.
- Commencement ceremonies are held in December and May (there is no ceremony for August).
- * Important – Please check updates to commencement information due to the pandemic on the Student Affairs CCS webpage.
Please be sure the correct mailing address is on file in the Academic Advising & Registration Office (AARO). You can confirm/ change the address via Self-Service and/or contact the Academic Advising and Registration Office to make arrangements on where to mail the diploma.
Diploma Replacement Form
Students may request a replacement copy of their diploma for a fee paid to the Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313.664.7435; Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm. Replacement diplomas are printed three times a year in December, May, or August.
Submit the Diploma Replacement form and payment confirmation number to the AARO.