Transfer Credit and Course Placement Equivalency Information

Students attending CCS should discuss credit options with an Academic Advisor before attempting to register credits at a guest institution or before completing alternative credit placement like CLEP testing. Verification of course equivalents are required and must be approved by the Registrar.

Students are responsible for submitting a final official transcript to place approved credits.
An “official” transcript is one that is sent directly from a school to a school in a sealed envelope and is required in order for you to receive transfer credits.

A college transcript hold will be placed for students who do not submit the official final transcript, preventing registration.

All Official Transcripts Should be Sent To:

Academic Advising and Registration Office
Attn: Registrar
201 E. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202

Official Electronic Transcripts Can Be Emailed To:

Transfer Credit Workshop – Current Students

Transfer Credit and Placement Resources

Transfer Equivalency Guides
Michigan Uniform Guest Application
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
CLEP College Policy
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit Guide
IB Credit Guide
Transfer Credit Policy – Undergraduate
Transfer Credit Policy – Graduate
Submitting Official Transcripts and Placement Documents (For New/Incoming Students)