The following recommendations are for departments at CCS that do not currently have a specific requirement for laptops. Before purchasing a laptop, we recommend contacting your department to confirm your choice.
Email questions regarding laptop build requirements should be directed to the CCS Helpdesk at email@example.com
Below are minimum suggested specs; better/faster/larger/newer is fine as long as supported by applicable application software. Information regarding software compatibility is available here: https://campus.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/its/software-requirements/
Apple MacBook Pro
Educational discount available at Apple Stores or the Apple online educational store (https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop).
- Processor: M1 Pro or Better
- Memory: 32GB unified Memory
- Hard Drive: 512GB SSD storage or betterAppleCare 3-year protection plan: Highly recommended
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS or Windows 11
- Processor: 64-bit Intel® Xeon, or i-Series processor with Intel® or AMD equivalent. Highest affordable CPU speed with multiple cores recommended
- Memory: 32GB of Memory
- Graphic Card: Supported NVIDIA® or AMD graphics card with OpenGL 4.3 support and a certified driver. 8GB Memory minimum.
- Hard Drive: 512GB SSD3-yr protection plan: Highly recommended
Adobe Creative Cloud: Provided through CCS for all registered students
Microsoft Office: Available for free at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office