Policy Table of Contents
MFA Color & Materials Design
The Color & Materials Design program at CCS prepares graduates to be leaders in the color and materials design field through the practice of research, enquiry and authorship.
The Color & Materials Design program at CCS will provide students with an environment for creativity, inquiry and investigation, while challenging students to develop advanced abilities to work independently and make artistic, intellectual judgments and professional decisions.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
Students will acquire the skills necessary to advance themselves according to their area of specialization and their own career objectives.
- Connect a functional knowledge of color and materials research, analysis and methods and be able to interpret and apply that knowledge to a broad range of applications in the specialization of color and materials design.
- Demonstrate breadth and competency in the specialization of trend research. Through investigation and analysis interpret trends and their impact on design and on the larger social, cultural and economic and technological contexts.
- Undertake independent research and demonstrate competency in its analysis and interpretation appropriate for their area of specialization.
- Drive innovation through material-led thinking applicable to a broad range of industries.
- Demonstrate professional competence in the area of presentation skills, leading the discussion by applying critical thinking. Present compelling presentations that deliver ideas and concepts judiciously, competitively and currently before peers, faculty and professional partners.
- Determine an authorial framework that is variable yet consistent with a point of view.
MFA Integrated Design
The MFA Integrated Design program at CCS aims to achieve international standards of excellence offering an integrated style of learning to make a significant contribution towards society.
Offers unique educational and cultural experiences that enable diverse range of innovations locally and internationally.
Encourage awareness of social challenges related to design through co-operation and partnership with corporations, institutions, and non-profit organization.
Foresee the world that is coming, we provide tools and techniques to imagine/design the best omni- channel experience for users.
Emphasize with people throughout the required human society and culture understanding of how behavior informs decisions and effect preferences.
Interact productively with people from diverse backgrounds in pursuing innovation in public, commercial and social areas.
Encourage individual creativity of students, as well mastering their collaboration skills.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
Upon graduation, students in the MFA Integrated Design program will be able to:
- Show the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative research into interdisciplinary disciplines and design creative projects.
- Show a mastery of skills and knowledge on strategically solving real-world problems, demonstrating critical business skill, and identifying the behaviors of complex system constituted by human, political, social, psychological, and technological factors.
- Critically apply theories, methodologies, and knowledge on integrated design processes relevant to omni-channel user experiences.
- Communicate visually and orally and work directly with others who are directly involved in design projects, communicate directly with the sponsors‘ team throughout the course of class- project work with the stakeholder(s) directly in any point of discussions.
- Demonstrate the value in proposing, executing, and communicating integrated design research and solutions pertinent to the real word.
- Demonstrate professional expertise and execution of integrated design processes, during the discovery process, crafting proposals, handling all design-related tasks, showing detailed exploration of any design decision-making scenario, and executing at proper milestones.
MFA Interaction Design
Instill a comprehensive set of methodologies for interaction design practice,
grounded in a global mindset and the ethical commitment to social equality, sustainability, and amplifying choice for all.
Define and deliver a comprehensive, rigorous, and resilient 21st-century design curriculum for the enhancement of human interactions for any domain and in any medium.
Embrace and train any individual with command of a prior discipline (design, technology, art, science, business) for a resilient and long design career.
Articulate and impart the design literacies of systems, conversation, and collaboration, as a foundation for augmenting compelling experiences in our ever-changing world.
Emphasize that all design is social and that socially-conscious design will engage and augment the mesh of human interactions that over-arch the personal, familial, economic, environmental, and the governed.
Disseminate the frameworks and rationale of an interaction design curriculum to design practitioners and educational communities world-wide, taking the role of participant-catalyst in the co-evolution of design practice that is transparent, inclusive, and ethical.
PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
Upon graduation, students in the MFA Interaction Design program will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking in terms of systems literacies, that is, the ability to read and write complex interactions in the form of diagrammatic models that depict the relationships among distinct actors, and which explain outcomes.
- Create new designs in the form of descriptions, models, mock-ups, and/or working prototypes of sufficient clarity that others can continue to execute the design.
- Articulate the dependent relationships between every design decision and the human needs and social values of users, that is, defend the design by providing a design rationale.
- Criticize an existing design by identifying its strengths and weaknesses in both qualitative and quantitative terms, and with explicit reference to design goals.
- Test proposed designs in the social context in which they are to be used as a way of identifying potential improvements.
- Adjust design decisions based on specific improvements, selected according to explicit, prioritized criteria.
MFA Transportation Design
Be the world’s most recognized graduate level transportation design program in creating strategic visionaries – capable of solving an expansive range of mobility needs, and poised to reimagine the field of transportation altogether.
Our mission is to expose our students to the complex issues emerging in the field of transportation design, and to equip them to not only envision and realize sophisticated mobility solutions but to advance the development of both industry and society. Our students are given the necessary knowledge, skills, and sensibilities to design masterfully within current and coming transportation contexts, and to excel professionally within evolving studio environments. In addition to mastering the highest levels of craft and aesthetic execution, students will consider holistic user engagements ranging from vast systems of interconnectivity to immersive brand experiences and beyond. Students often collaborate with industry partners on interdisciplinary projects where extensive research and business strategy are essential learning and final design objectives. While pragmatic resolution of mobility concepts is paramount, high priority is placed on empowering our students to continually and creatively challenge established conventions.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
Upon graduation, students in the MFA Transportation Design program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to frame their work through research, analysis, and concept generation within the history of Design, and the broader social, political, economic and cultural contexts.
- Synthesize knowledge and skills toward the creation of visionary, attractive, and socially responsible Transportation for the future.
- Articulate and argue concepts and proposals through writing and presentation in a professional and persuasive manor.
- Design advanced vehicle and systems concepts with significant technological and conceptual reach while pushing the aesthetic horizon of market desirability
- Collaborate knowledgeably and ethically with leaders across disciplines in the creation of industry leading innovation.
- Apply understanding of business, technology, culture, and social responsibility to elevate and lead the practice of transportation design.