Travel Expense Reports

**Please refer to the Travel and Entertainment Policy for rules and guidelines. This can be found on Blackboard, Campus Offices under both Business Services and Human Resources.

Please note for meal receipts, if an itemized receipt is not submitted, you will NOT be reimbursed for that meal. Credit card authorization slips are not acceptable forms of documentation for meals.


A travel advance may be received for a business-related trip. Please complete a blue payment requisition form approximately 2 weeks before the planned travel event. You may receive an advance to cover the cost of meals, lodging, transportation, mileage, tips, parking, conference fees, etc. Note: Faculty professional development funds must be requested in advance and approved by the Provost’s Office.

Upon returning to campus, you must submit a yellow travel expense report detailing how the advance was spent within 10 business days. This report needs to be reviewed and signed by your supervisor. If there is
any money left over, it should be returned to the Cashier’s Office and receipted and the receipt attached to the travel and expense report. If money is due to an employee, a check will be processed through Accounts Payable. Please keep in mind that all receipts related to Petty cash must be returned to the cashier and all travel advances received via check, must have the receipts submitted to Accounts Payable. The return of any unspent advance money must be in the form of cash or check. Credit cards will not be
accepted as a form of repayment of the college’s money.


The current mileage rate is 58 cents per mile. This rate is based on IRS publications and may change each year in January. Please note that CCS reimburses based on mileage and not on gas receipts. For amounts less than $60, petty cash can be given to reimburse for mileage at the Cashier’s window. Mileage will not be reimbursed for trips when the College shuttle is available.

American Express and MasterCard

Mastercard or American Express cards are available and provided to employees for the purpose of charging legitimate travel and entertainment expenses to the College. Cardholders should not use the corporate credit
cards to circumvent the Colleges purchasing function by charging for other than approved travel-related expenses unless previously approved by the VP of Administration and Finance. Authorization to obtain a card must be through the VP of Administration and Finance. Although the card is issued in an individual’s name, it should be considered College property. Complete details and more information may be obtained through the Business Services department. Once a month, Business Services receives an invoice from American Express and Mastercard for payment. The cardholder will then submit an electronic expense report monthly for Mastercard and a paper expense report for American Express. Your monthly report is due to our office by the 10th day of each month. This ensures us proper time to look them over and process them. The form for American Express cardholders is available on the public directory and Blackboard. If your report has not been received by the due date, you will be contacted and notified of what charges you still need to submit. Your card privileges may be suspended until the proper paperwork has been received by the Business Services department. Please make sure your supervisor signs off on the expense report.