9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
The Cashier’s Office accepts the following methods of payment:
- American Express
- Personal Checks
- Money Orders
- Traveler’s & Cashier’s Checks
We do not accept money orders or checks drawn on foreign banks.
Petty Cash Procedures
Employees may receive up to $60 in petty cash, per day. This may be in the form of an advance of money for a future purchase or a reimbursement for a purchase already made. A reimbursement over $60 will be in the form of a check and processed during the next check run. Advances will not be given to students for any reason.
- Original ITEMIZED receipts MUST be submitted
- Authorized signer MUST sign receipt
- Receipt/request must have account number to which expense is to be charged
- If expense is meal related, names of all parties involved must be included on the itemized receipt and the business purpose (credit card authorization slip is NOT acceptable) For further details please see the “Travel and Entertainment Policy”
- Receipt(s) must be submitted within 5 business days of advance
- Only one advance out at a time (petty cash or larger advance via Accounts Payable) or one reimbursement per day
- Two or more advances from multiple people in the same department may NOT combine their money to make a larger purchase.
Please note for meal receipts, if an itemized receipt is not submitted, you will NOT be reimbursed for that meal. Credit card authorization slips are not acceptable forms of documentation for meals.
Payday is on the 15th and the last day of each month for any semi-monthly employees (Full-time and adjunct faculty and salaried staff). If these dates fall on a weekend, checks will be available the Friday before. Hourly employees and work study students are paid on a bi-weekly basis on every other Friday. Models and Workstudy students receiving paper checks can pick up their checks at the cashier’s window. Please pass this information along to workstudy students. Employee or Student ID is required to pick up
There are lockers available for rent on either the Ford or Taubman campus. The Ford campus has multiple locations including in the Photo department and in the Walter B. Ford II building. Lockers are rented on a first-come-first-served basis. Loft space in the ACB is available through the Housing Department. The rental fee is $50 and students may use the space over the summer.
The Cashier’s Office will cash personal checks for employees up to $60.00, as long as cash is available. Third party checks will not be cashed.
An ATM machine is available on both campuses. One is outside of the Campus Safety Office on the Ford campus and the other is outside of the bookstore on the Taubman campus. Withdrawals in $20 increments
can be made for a $1.50 service fee per transaction. Other fees may be charged by the issuing bank.
The Cashier’s Office sells .50 cent stamps (20 stamps per person, per day maximum). Additional postal
services are available at the mail room (UPS, Federal Express, special postage etc.) Additionally,
envelopes are available for purchase at .10 cents.
If a check is returned “Non-Sufficient Funds” the person is notified in writing and charged a $30 NSF fee.
The fee is only waived if a letter from the bank is provided stating that the NSF was due to a bank error.
After two NSF checks the person is not allowed to write any additional checks to CCS. This policy applies
to all students, staff and faculty.
The Business Services department provides Notary Service, free of charge, to students, faculty and staff