For new instructors at CCS, adopting the Canvas and Simple Syllabus can be a challenge. Below the Ed Tech Team has created a New Faculty Welcome Packet to help faculty meet the Canvas Minimum Usage Requirements for all teaching modalities.
While this packet was developed with new faculty in mind, the resources here can be used by any faculty/staff or those in need of a Canvas refresher.
The New Faculty Welcome Packet contains the following:
- Faculty Checklist of items to achieve in Canvas
- Chair’s Checklist to review new faculty Canvas courses
- New Faculty Welcome Videos YouTube playlist
View the New Faculty Welcome Video Playlist
The New Faculty Welcome Video playlist consists of 6 how-to videos scaffolded and sequenced for easy use. Please watch the videos in order from 1 -6 to be shown the best practices for using Canvas.
Below you can view the 6 video series to learn how to easily develop your Canvas course using best practices to meet the Canvas Minimum Usage Requirements.
Video Playlist: 33:35 minutes
Helpful tip: Follow along in your Canvas course and pause the videos along the way to build your course step-by-step.
- Video 1: Welcome to CCS | Some Tools and Rules – 3:59
- Video 2: Canvas Grade Book Best Practices: Building Your Grade Book Using Assignment Groups – 4:11
- Video 3: Creating an Assignment Within an Assignment Group – 6:59
- Video 4: Creating Weekly Course Modules with Assignments – 8:50
- Video 5: Creating Strong Rubrics – 4:59
- Video 6: Creating Canvas Rubrics – 4:57
Download the New Faculty Welcome Packet
To download the New Faculty Welcome Packet, click the download arrow or “Download” button below.