Residents may wish to discuss bringing some of the larger/more expensive items on the list with suite-mates so they do not end up with multiple items.
standard size twin sheets, blankets, pillow, comforter, mattress pad, towels, bath mat
TV/VCR/DVD, radio/stereo, alarm clock, computer, power strips/surge protectors (for all electronic equipment), three-to-two prong outlet converters (ACB only)
- Kitchen Supplies:
Art Center Building – Talk with your suitemates before you bring these items. Pots & pans, silverware and utensils, dishes, glassware, storage containers, cutting board, towels, microwave, hot pads, toaster and food. We recommend bringing three garbage cans for your suite. One for trash and then the other two for separating recycling.Taubman Center – some dishes if you plan on eating in your room. You may also want to bring a coffee pot, crock pot and rice cooker. George Foreman type grills, toasters, toaster ovens, hot plates, pizza ovens or any other items that have open coils are not allowed. If you have questions on whether something is allowed, please ask. Items not allowed will be confiscated.
- Cleaning Supplies:
Mop, broom, sponges, bucket, cleaning solutions, VACUUM, plunger, toilet brush and laundry supplies. You will need these to prepare for the monthly suite inspections.
Shelving units, trunk with a lock, fan, first-aid kit, flashlight, iron/board, laundry basket, lamps (no halogen bulbs allowed), desk, easel or drafting table and chair, shower organizer, shower curtain (plain white liner and rings are provided), toiletries, toilet paper, small personal refrigerator (optional), hangers, tension rods (window coverings are provided in ACB bedroom windows and in the Taubman).
What NOT to Bring
- Pets (other than fish – maximum 10 gallon tank)
- Drugs & drug paraphernalia
- Hookahs & water pipes
- Alcohol (CCS is a dry campus and alcohol is not allowed regardless of age or residence location)
- Water beds
- Nails, screws, drills or anything that will put holes in the walls
- FIRE HAZARDS such as halogen lamps, candles, incense or open flame devices
- Some kitchen items in the Taubman Center, please see above for more details*Please note: these items will be confiscated and not returned.