Skip to content
- AVC equipment checkouts are free for current CCS students, staff, and faculty.
- Patrons must present a current CCS ID in order to check out equipment. No ID = No Checkout.
- Equipment can only be checked out in person and only during checkout desk hours. All checkouts are video recorded and monitored.
- Students may keep equipment for no more than 72 hours for each check out and renew the items one time if not reserved.
- Students can check out equipment over spring break and Thanksgiving break.
- Students cannot check out equipment between semesters.
- To ensure student supply, Staff and Faculty can only check out equipment for 24 hours during the active winter and fall semesters.
- The patron is fully responsible for the care and safeguard of all equipment that they check out.
- The patron must pay close attention to all items being checked out to them. Read and sign the check out agreement to avoid mistakes.
- The patron must check for equipment damage before they take it. Test and report any faulty equipment and return it immediately.
- The centers do not supply AA, AAA, or 9V batteries or media cards. We are not responsible for damage to your card by our equipment.
- Equipment can be reserved two weeks prior to pick up. Patrons may reserve in person, by phone or email.
- AVC staff is not responsible for miscommunication during phone reservations or voicemail.
- A reservation confirmation email will be sent to the patron.
- Patrons are responsible for ensuring the information is correct on the reservation confirmation email.
- Reserved equipment will only be held for 30 minutes after your initial reservation. After 30 minutes, equipment not picked up will be available for normal checkout by other patrons.
- Equipment may be held longer for patrons who call to inform of a late pick up.
- The patron who reserved the equipment must pick up equipment.
- Consecutive reservation “No shows” (more than 3 times) may result in the semester suspension of check out privileges.
- All equipment must be returned on time.
- All equipment must be returned in the condition in which it was checked out (cords wrapped, cases packed neatly and clean)
- A $20.00 fee will be charged if AVC staff has to repack a disheveled equipment case or clean the returned equipment.
- It is encouraged that the patron stays and observes the AVC staff while they check in the returned equipment.
- Someone other than patron who checked the equipment out may return equipment but the patron is still responsible for the condition of the returned equipment and any fees associated with a late return.
Late Fees, Fines, and Suspensions
- Students, Staff, and Faculty are subject to late fines and replacement fees.
- Emails are sent by the system to notify the patron of due equipment and overdue equipment (Read your system emails)
- Late fees begin to accumulate 30 minutes after items become overdue.
- Overdue fees accrue by the hour, including up to 5 hours after the checkout center closes.
- Different equipment items have different fine rates. Fines for individual items are calculated independently up to $5.00 per hour.
- Equipment overdue by more than 24 hours will result in accumulated fines and the suspension of checkout privileges.
- 24 hours late = 2 week suspension plus fines
- 48 hours late = 3 week suspension plus fines
- A late return that adversely affects another student’s reservation and project will result in an automatic 4-week suspension.
- Equipment overdue by 72 hours will result in a replacement fee, and indefinite suspension of check out privileges. Students will have a hold placed on their academic account. Staff and Faculty superiors will be notified.
- Equipment overdue by one week will be considered stolen by the patron. A police report and arrest warrant will be issued.
- Overdue fines may be forgiven due to a patron involved in an automotive accident, injury requiring hospitalization, or death.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged equipment will result in a mandatory, non-negotiable, full replacement or repair charge.
- An official police report must be submitted for stolen equipment or we will assume that you, the patron, stole the equipment.
- Consecutive overdue returns and late fees may result in the semester suspension of check out privileges.
- Threatening or rude conduct toward any AVC checkout employee will result in the permanent loss of your check out privileges.
- Fines will be sent to the Business Office where the patron may pay with their accepted forms of payment.
- Only the Equipment Checkout supervisor or Manager can override policy terms.