Students may request funding from Student Affairs or Academic Affairs for conferences, seminars, field trips, or student activities. Funding for all requests is not guaranteed even if meeting the eligibility criteria. Portions of funding requests may be allocated while other portions are denied based on funding availability.
To be eligible for any type of funding, requests must:
- Complete the funding request form.
- Be made at least 10 business days prior to the event date for events. Externally contracted companies (paid speaker, novelty company, transportation etc.) may require at least a 30-day lead time.
- Abide by all campus policies and Code of Student Conduct.
- Funding must be used during the fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) for which it was requested.
- Participating students must be actively enrolled and in good standing.
- Funds will not be awarded retroactively.
Funds are provided through the Student Engagement budget which is funded by Student Resource Fees. Funds are available for student experiences including social programming, leadership training, extracurricular activities, and off-campus non-academic trips.
Requests for student engagement funding must:
- Provide an opportunity for all students to participate through:
- An open sign up period for limited capacity events; or
- The event is hosted on campus with no event attendance cap.
- Events requiring an external contract (paid speaker, novelty company, transportation etc.) must be requested at least 30 business days prior to the event date.
Funds are provided through the Student Engagement budget which is funded by Student Resource Fees. Student organization funding supports activities and events related to the mission of the organization and are open to student organization members.
To be eligible for funding, requests for Student Organization activities or events:
- Request made by a registered student organization in good standing.
- The student organization cannot have any outstanding funding requests (missing receipts, unresolved cash advances, etc.).
- Activities or events for student organizations may be offered only to members of the student organization, but the student organization must be open to all students for membership.
Funds are provided through the Academic Affairs student development budget. To be eligible for student development funding, requests should fall into one of the following categories:
- Conferences – students must be accepted to attend or present at an academic or industry conference/event.Students presenting or co-presenting with a faculty member will be given priority consideration.
- Conferences/events must occur during the fiscal year in which the request is made.
- Competition fees
- Career development-related trips, i.e. portfolio reviews, studio tours, etc.
- Off-campus exhibition fees, i.e. artwork shipping, student travel for install/opening night, etc.
- Academic workshops/training specifically for enrolled students
- Field trip related fees – museum admission, transport to location, etc.
A detailed budget indicating all expenditures must be submitted.