Current Hours of Service
Beginning Wednesday, Nov 18th (this Wednesday)
Taubman Cafe Hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Mon – Sun
Cafe opens at 10a for beverages and grab n go
Connect App available from 11a – 6p
No stations will be open – Hot Food must be ordered through the App
Ford Cafe Hours: Closed
Taubman Center – Check Out the Taubman Menu!
The TC Cafeteria is located on the 2 nd Floor of the Taubman Center. The entrance to the cafeteria is located near the freight elevator.
Ford Campus – Check Out the Ford Menu!
CCS Roasting Company featuring Starbucks
TC – Located on the 2 nd floor of the Taubman Center near the 24-hour computer lab.
Ford- Located on the 2 nd floor of the Kresge-Ford Building near the student success center.
These spaces are open 24 hours a day featuring grab-n-go meal options as well as prepackaged snacks and beverages.
The Continental team has created an app for students to use to purchase meals remotely and pick up from the dining facility.
Click here to find out how.
Campus Dining Meal Plans
In order to meet your campus dining needs, we have designed the following meal plans for the academic year. If you need to purchase a meal plan, or if you would like to make a change to the plan you have already selected, simply email email@example.com.
$1450 = $1570 Dining Dollars
$725 = $785 Dining Dollars
Your CCS SmART CARD identifies you as a holder of a meal plan, which is valuable and should betreated as cash. Your CCS SmART CARD must be presented for every purchase using your dining dollars to prevent unauthorized persons from using dining services for which you paid. All students are locked into a meal plan for the academic year starting on move-in day. After move-in day, the size of the meal plan can be switched until September 10 in the fall semester and January 21 in the winter semester.
If you were to run out of dining dollars, you may also put money on your CCS SmART card. These dollars are referred to as flex dollars. Flex dollars are refunded at the end of the year.
Lost or Stolen Meal Cards
Lost or stolen CCS SmART CARD can be replaced. Should this happen to you, you must purchase a new card. Please contact Campus Safety at (Ford Campus) 313-664-7851 or (TC Campus) 313-664-1441
We are happy to assist in any dietary needs you have. If you have specific dietary needs that might require special attention, we will make every attempt to meet your needs. For more information, please contact Brian Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dining Protocol and Procedures
Continental is taking the safety of the student body and their employees very seriously. In an effort to respond to Covid 19, the following procedures are in place:
Continental Team Members
- Staff is not allowed onsite if symptomatic or ill
- Daily health screening for all Continental employees’
- Employees must wear masks/face shields and gloves at all times while working
- Distancing measures set-up for culinary team members to work a minimum of 6 feet apart
- Routine sanitizing of all surfaces in the café production area every 30 minutes.
- Plexiglas shields will be installed where the potential of guest and team member contact could occur.
Focus on Guest Safety
- Implementation of one-way traffic flow in all cafés
- All items in Continental establishments that cannot be easily disinfected or sanitized were temporarily removed at Continental’s and CCS discretion
- All items that were self-serve (i.e. coffee and beverage service, condiments, utensils, etc.) will be replaced with pre-packaged replacements and distributed by Continental
- Routine sanitizing of all surfaces in the cafés serving areas every 30 minutes during service
- Product labeling will consist of ingredients and nutritional information
- Food sampling and self-service stations including but not limited to: salad bars, coffee bars, soup stations, popcorn machines, etc. were eliminated.
- All students entering dining facilities are required to wear a mask.
The Continental catering team is able to work with you if you have a specialty event or would like something higher end. If you would like to connect with catering staff directly, their extension is 1404.
To start your catering order, email CateringCCS@continentalserves.com.