The Student Success Center is located in C204 in the Kresge-Ford Building.
Student Success Center Mission
The Student Success Center provides a supportive environment for all students to reach their academic potential. We strive to build confidence in students’ abilities, help students develop their own individual learning practices and achieve goals relative to an assignment or a career path.
9:00AM-6:00PM Monday through Thursday and 9:00AM-5:00PM on Friday.
WALK-INS ARE WELCOME OR SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH SSC STAFF.
Peer Tutor Schedules
- One-on-one assistance with all classes, including Liberal Arts and Foundations
- Tailored to meet individual’s needs and pace
- Writing support available for any type of assignment: essays, research papers, artist’s statements, resumes.
- Emphasis on building better writers not just better papers
- Help with all stages of writing process: brainstorming, organizing ideas, sharpening grammar skills, formatting
- Time Management Consultation
- Balance academic work with college life
- Discover effective ways to reduce stress and improve productivity
- Academic Strategy Workshops
- Short presentations on relevant topics offered during lunchtime, in-class and other campus locations
- Computer Lab with large format scanner, BW printing, updated software
Online Writing from Purdue
Strategies for improving reading rate and comprehension from Dartmouth View the PDF
Time Management Ten
Simple Tips – Try one or two!
View the PDF
Study Strategies in Multiple Languages
Various topics available in various languages