The College has partnered with The Nursing Practice Corporation (NPC), affiliated with the College of Nursing at Wayne State University (WSU), to provide health care to our students.
What services are being offered?
● Two half-days of In-Person and Telemedicine appointments with a nurse practitioner (NP). Our clinicians can assess, treat, and prescribe for most medical ailments. You may also schedule consultations to discuss chronic conditions, college health issues, preventative care, and mental health strategies. All visits are free of charge.
● Individual COVID-19 PCR testing for symptomatic and/or exposed individuals.Testing appointments will be offered on Mondays from 1 pm – 2 pm beginning February 2nd. Please call or email if you’d like to schedule a test.
● After hours answering service: 313-577-5041. This phone line is intended for concerns related to the infectious diseases like the flu and Coronavirus. Clinicians can help determine next steps for testing and/or treatment, and to answer common questions.
● Access to the Taylor Street Primary Care Clinic. Taylor Street is able to treat acute and chronic conditions, provide immunizations, provide basic mental health screenings, blood draws, STI testing, annual physicals and more. COVID-19 testing is also available. Insurancebilling or sliding scale self-pay options are available.
Where can I get services?
● The NP is available Monday from 9 am – 2pm, and Thursday from 12 pm – 4 pm for the Winter 2021 Semester. The office has moved to the 1st floor of the Yamasaki Building. Students have the option of in-person or telemedicine appointments.
● Taylor Street Primary Care Clinic is also open for in-person and telemedicine appointments Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.The clinic is located at 1550 Taylor St., Detroit, MI. It is open to the public, so employees and families may also access the clinic.
How do I schedule an appointment?
● Students can schedule appointments via calendly.com/ccs-nurse, or call 313-664-7830.
● Appointments at the Taylor Street Clinic can be made via phone call to 313-486-9337. To learn more, please visit here.
Walk-ins for the CCS Wellness Center and Taylor Street Clinic are discouraged due to the current COVID-19 infection precautions. Thanks to this new partnership, CCS students can complete most appointments from the comfort of their home through telemedicine (video) services.
For more information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.