We are pleased to announce a partnership with The Nursing Practice Corporation (NPC), affiliated with the College of Nursing at Wayne State University (WSU), to provide health care to our students beginning Fall 2020. This partnership will offer CCS students quality, accessible health care at a time of critical need and expand the services currently offered at CCS’s Wellness Center. While the pandemic has altered some of the plans, we are committed to adding more services and features as soon as we are able to do so safely.
What services are being offered?
- CCS students will be able to ask questions directly to a nurse practitioner (NP) utilizing the after hours answering service, and have free telemedicine (video chat) appointments two days a week free of charge.
- CCS students also will have access to the WSU Campus Health Center (CHC) Telemedicine Services and the Taylor Street Primary Care Clinic for in-person services. These full service clinics are able to treat acute and chronic conditions, provide immunizations, provide basic mental health screenings, blood draws, STI testing, annual physicals and more. Insurance billing or sliding scale self-pay options are available.
Where can I get services?
- For the health and safety of our staff, the office is operating virtually. The NP is available Monday from 9 am – 2pm, and Thursday from 12 pm – 5 pm for the Fall 2020 Semester. Most medical ailments can be assessed and prescribed via telemedicine. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
- WSU CHC can be accessed for additional telemedicine needs, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. For after hours questions, students may call the CHC nurse advice answering line: 313-577-5041.
- Taylor Street Primary Care Clinic is also open for in-person appointments Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Students, employees, and their families have access because it is a full service primary care clinic open to the public. The clinic is located at 1550 Taylor St., Detroit, MI 48206.
How do I schedule an appointment?
- Students can access the NP “waiting room” on Mondays (9 am – 2 pm) and Thursdays (12 pm – 5 pm) through Doxy, our secure telemedicine platform, and will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Additional CHC telemedicine appointments (insurance or self pay) are scheduled via phone, 313-577-5041, or online, health.wayne.edu.
- Appointments at the Taylor Street Clinic can be made via phone call to 313-486-9337. To learn more, please visit here.
Walk-ins for the CCS Wellness Center, WSU Campus Health Center, and Taylor Street Clinic are discouraged due to the current COVID-19 infection precautions. Thanks to this new partnership, CCS students can complete their appointments from the comfort of their home through telemedicine (video) services.
For more information or questions, please email email@example.com.