Graduate students enrolling at The College for Creative Studies will be required to own or purchase a laptop computer for their studies. If you have any questions regarding this requirement, please contact your department.
Email questions regarding laptop build requirements should be directed to the CCS Helpdesk at email@example.com
Below are minimum suggested specs; better/faster/larger/newer is fine as long as supported by applicable application software. Information regarding software compatibility is available here: https://campus.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/its/software-requirements/
Apple MacBook Pro
Educational discount available at Apple Stores or the Apple online educational store (https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop).
- Processor: 2.6GHz 6-core 9th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.5Ghz
- Memory: 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
- Graphic Card: Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory Hard Drive: 512GB SSD storage
- AppleCare 3-year protection plan: Highly recommended
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS
- Processor: 64-bit Intel® Xeon, or i-Series processor with Intel® or AMD equivalent. Highest affordable CPU speed with multiple cores recommended Memory: 32GB of Memory
- Graphic Card: Supported NVIDIA® or AMD graphics card with OpenGL 4.3 support and a certified driver. 8GB Memory minimum.
- Hard Drive: 512GB SSD
- 3-yr protection plan: Highly recommended
Adobe Creative Cloud: Provided through CCS for all registered students Microsoft Office: Available for free at:
Rhino (optional): To purchase go to: