Admissions Marketing Communications Specialist
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Marketing Communications Specialist for Admissions curates, coordinates, writes, and produces digital content to advance the College for Creative Studies brand and reputation as part of its recruitment strategy. The position requires skills in marketing, email content creation, strategic communication, market segmentation, copywriting, image management, and customer service in order to foster meaningful messaging between the College and prospective students, maximizing their likelihood to enroll at the College for Creative Studies. Superior content strategy and writing abilities are required. This position is responsible for not only creating high-quality content, but also curating and sharing excellent content being developed across the College. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be expected to become proficient in university admission information and processes, and will collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team (admissions, marketing and communication, financial aid, academic advising and registration, international student services, student affairs, and academic affairs) to promote the Undergraduate, Graduate, Dual Enrollment, and Precollege programs. The Admission Marketing Specialist is empowered to inform, assist, and most importantly, to inspire creative prospective students and their families via strategic content development, brand story sharing, and direct customer service activities. This position will be responsible for the creative execution and production of email and text campaigns, admissions portals and search profiles, and will utilize metrics (recruitment and application data and trends, AB testing, open and click-through rates, etc.) to measure the effectiveness of all endeavors, to offer strategic recommendations, and to make informed decisions. An engaged team player who is detail-oriented, with good listening skills and the ability to engage people through writing and storytelling will find this position rewarding.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Create and maintain complex email and SMS communication plan, including writing copy, managing dynamic content and video messaging, image selection and editing, to achieve the College’s strategic enrollment goals
- Advise Marketing and Admissions teams on over-arching marketing and communication strategies as they relate to Admissions and create tangential strategies that complement the overarching strategy
- Manage digital assets, including storage, key-wording, sourcing and acquisition
- Maintain CCS communications standards including editorial style, graphic system, tone and imagery as appropriate for strategies and audience.
- Create email and SMS campaigns that that elicit maximum response for a full range of admissions projects based on defined audience, creative concept, theme, strategy, timetable, and budget.
- Use Adobe Photoshop to edit and prepare images for inclusion in campaigns
- Support the update, organization, and maintenance of admissions content on the College website
- Support the distribution of recruiting materials in various forms by audience
- Provide market segmentation data for internal partners
- Generate monthly report of communication initiatives and that quantify their success and identifies areas of improvement
- Ensure the cross-pollination of information posted to the College’s social media with admissions recruitment messaging working with the college’s marketing team
- Collaborate with marketing team to optimize the design, content, targeting & messaging of email communications based on success rates and audience expectations
- Work across multiple platforms to maintain accurate contact lists, opt-out preferences, and communication schedules
- Take photos to meet the needs of specific communications and use Photoshop to prepare files for use in messaging (resolution, slicing/resizing, adding type and/or graphics, etc.)
- Position is a hybrid remote/on-campus position
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, marketing, communication, ecommerce or related field
- At least two years of experience in email marketing, online marketing, internet marketing, or digital marketing
- Strong writing skills required
- Basic knowledge of core technologies, including HTML, CSS, and the principles of usable and responsive design is preferred
- Experience working within, or for, an organization focused on educational programming is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Google preferred
- Experience with Pardot marketing platform preferred
- Experience in development, testing and implementation of automated and event triggered email programs a plus
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a stationary position, use a computer and other office equipment, and communicate effectively in person, by phone, and virtually. Frequent interaction with others, including staff, faculty, students and third parties is required. The employee may occasionally be required to move files or other objects weighing up to 25 pounds, including from low and high places. The ability to move around within the office and between buildings on campus, attend off-site meetings and events, and travel between Ford Campus site to Taubman Center site are required. CCS will make reasonable accommodations that will allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application Procedure/Additional Information
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume, Cover Letter, and two writing samples (one should be 160 characters or less and the other should be 2-3 paragraphs, i.e. creative writing, news report, etc. Cover letter can count as one example.)
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Discrimination, including harassment, because of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law is strictly prohibited. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.
The College for Creative Studies (CCS) is a nonprofit, private college authorized by the Michigan Education Department to grant Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. CCS, located in midtown Detroit, strives to provide students with the tools needed for successful careers in the dynamic and growing creative industries. CCS fosters students’ resolve to pursue excellence, act ethically, engage their responsibilities as citizens, and learn throughout their lives. With world-class faculty and unsurpassed facilities, students learn to be visual communicators who actively use art and design toward the betterment of society. The College is a major supplier of talent to numerous industries, such as transportation, film and animation, advertising and communications, consumer electronics, athletic apparel, and many more. Its graduates are exhibiting artists and teachers, design problem solvers and innovators, as well as creative leaders in business.
Founded in 1906 as the Detroit Society of Arts and Crafts, CCS plays a key role in Detroit’s cultural and educational communities. A private, fully accredited college, CCS enrolls more than 1,400 students, pursuing Master of Fine Arts degrees in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in Advertising Design, Art Education, Communication Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. The College also offers free art education for more than 4,000 Detroit youth annually through its Community Arts Partnerships program. In addition, the College’s University Prep Art & Design is a public charter middle and high school enrolling more than 800 students in a high-performance academic curriculum with a special focus on art and design.
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
posted on January 28, 2022 at 11:36 am