CCS endeavors to budget funds each year to support faculty development. These funds may be used activities that include, but are not limited to:
- workshops, seminars, training, or courses related to their field
- travel to conferences or symposia
- other activities as determined by the appropriate Dean
Courses or workshops must be successfully completed to be eligible for reimbursement. Faculty development grants are not used to support the pursuit of degrees. The College recognizes the value of faculty making presentations at and attending conferences that enhance faculty’s knowledge of current trends in their respective fields, their professional practice, and scholarly activities, and the College’s visibility.
- Faculty members may request financial support to attend conferences, seminars, workshops and other means of professional development. Requests should include an explanation of the value of the event and a budget of the expenses required. Requests are given to the Department Chair for approval and then forwarded to the Academic Dean who will make a decision in consultation with the appropriate Dean based on funds available and the number and types of requests received. Faculty members who have been granted sabbatical leave are not eligible to receive faculty development grants during the leave.
- If a request is approved, travel, lodging and registration arrangements are the responsibility of the faculty member. Reimbursable expenses include registration fees, visa application (if necessary) air and ground travel, lodging, meals and tips up to the amount approved and consistent with the College’s policy on travel.An approved expense report with original itemized receipts is required for reimbursement. Travel advances may be granted by completing a Payment Requisition form with the Business Office one week in advance of when funds are required.
Please refer to the Policy on Travel and Entertainment.